For this photo, I chose to use a back lighting to make Lauren's hair stand out. First, I turned the lights off in the photography room. The hand-held light was then covered with a sheet of white paper and placed behind her, angled towards her head. I did not use a reflector because I wanted to make sure her hair was the main focus instead of her face. The tripod also help make this picture turn out by stabilizing the camera so that it could focus on Lauren in the dark light.
I would say this picture turned out pretty well because my main goal (to make her hair stand out) was acheived through this proecess. Another strength in this picture is the detail of her hair. Not only was the color brightened, but single strands stood out and made it more interesting. The only problem I had was keeping the light bulb and the paper covering the bulb out of the picture. In the end, I had to edit a bit of the paper out of the picture because it was so distracting. If I could change one thing in this picture, I would have used a different angle because the one I used makes me a little dizzy. I think it may just be me though... Anyway, overall this project was a lot of fun to put together. I like working with light even though it's a challenge to make everything perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment