Friday, February 26, 2010

Day in the Life of Bubbles



For this assignment I tried to follow my cat around for an entire day and used a number of different angles to make the shots more interesting. Several of the photos were of flowers because he’s so obsessed with them. This is why I chose to post a picture of a sunflower. Another reason I chose it was because I love the colors. Blue and yellow work really well with each other and makes the picture come to life (even though the flowers are fake). The most difficult thing about it was getting him to go different places…He was more amused by the camera than anything else around the house so I had to lead him around a bit. If I could change one thing about it, however, I would reposition one of the flowers on the left because the petals are not showing. In other words, the brighter the picture, the better. I also think this would make it more balanced.

For this photo I changed the ISO to 200 to make it feel more energetic. The first thing I did while editing was increase the saturation to make the picture stand out more. Next, I brightened it to make the room seem more open and to give the vase a glassy texture to it. Contrast was another tool I used to do this. In addition I used the magnetic lasso tool to edit the brown chair on the right. Initially, it was a distraction because it was so red. I solved this problem though by decreasing its saturation and vibrancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment