Thursday, March 25, 2010

Natural Lighting

For this picture, there were no reflectors being used because we were fortunate enough to have a nice sunny day. Originally, the photo was big enough to show her legs but I cropped it to this size because I wanted to focus on her face and how happy she was in the sun. I also enhanced the color in her hair by making the copper background and the shadows around her face a bit darker with the burn tool. This is a common theme in most of the portrait photos I took. By making the shadows darker, it also help show off her smile.

This picture turned out to be my favorite because it's so colorful. I also like the background because it's so different from everything else and the green streaks are a good color with her red hair. The one thing I don't like about this is the red splotch on the wall next to her left shoulder. It's a distraction from her face and hair. If I could edit and reprint it, I would definitely make it darker by using the burn tool and possibly the clone stamp. Other than that, everything went pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment