I have always been interested in various forms of art. Music, plays, and movies have always fascinated me. While I was growing up, I took a number of art classes such as ceramics, painting, and drawing. In fifth grade, I joined the school band and later on tried taking up guitar. The Gutherie is basically my second home in the summer and I watch movies with my friends all the time. Photography, however, has always been my main focus. This summer I took a couple classes at the Art Center with photographer Stephen Haynes. Unfortunately I missed the introduction session so I didn’t pick up as much information as I was hoping but it was still an eye opening experience.
I take pictures because I like letting people see things through my eyes and making random things look amazing. I also love how everything freezes in time…It makes life more interesting (especially Candids). Whenever I have my camera with me, I am constantly think about how to take good pictures. The people that inspire me the most are random photographers I have met such as Mike Krieter (my friend’s dad) and Andrew Vick (the guy who took my senior pictures). They inspire me not only because their pictures are jaw-dropping but because I’ve always wanted to have my own photography business (we’ll see if it ever happens). So far, I’ve taken thousands of pictures. I just need to learn how to edit them. I have Photoshop, which I use frequently, but I’m not sure if I’m using it properly. This semester my goals are to learn how to use Photoshop, get to know my camera, and become a better photographer by using different angles and being unique.
I approve. And I need one of your senior photos. Your reasons why you take photos make me happy!
ReplyDeleteWhat version of Pshop do you have?